Monday, October 15, 2007

and we have a winner...............

Yesterday, on Courtney's day pass home, I talked to her about raising money while training for the Chicago Marathon next year. I gave her about 5 different charity options, and explained what each of them are. After looking on-line at the charities, Courtney decided that the camp for kids with cancer is the best idea. I think she's right. The "One step at a time" programs operated by Children's Oncology Services, has camps for children coping with and surviving after cancer.

Last year, team runners made it possible for 80 children to go to camp. Money that I'll raise during training will have a direct and tangible impact within the organization and a sick child.

I think Courtney made a great choice. I'll be posting a link for donations, once I have it set up with them. (I think everyone is still getting things taken care of from the race 2 weeks ago)

No comments: